Monday, January 8, 2007

Ftp Using Smartftp

Download SmartFTP here.

Orange box: this is where you type ftp.yourdomain.com. But if you own a subdomain, you might have to type in ftp.subdomain.domainname.com ; depends on your host. For example, my address would be ftp.hancuk.com

Orange red box: a bar that leads to properties, and more ftp stuff o_O. Some of them are just there, so don't worry about that bar.

Black box: Click this to get to your documents-- where you upload your stuff to your site.

Teal box: Teal box: You can click this to connect to your FTP. (another way to connect)

Dark turquoise box: this is your login information, say my user and password was apple and password was jacks -- put that in the boxes.

Dark Blue box: this is where you upload your stuff to your site-- highlight your stuff and then press the button that points to your ftp site (I press the one that points left).

Green box: it's a log to show how long or when its finished uploading your stuff onto your site.

Faq:
What's my ftp address?
ftp.yourdomain.com

How do I know my FTP login information?
Your host should give it to you, if your host didn't ask again.

How come I don't see my directory?
Look back at the picture above and find the black box, click it and look for the folder with your content.

How to upload files:
You can highlight all the files you want to upload and drag it to your ftp browser.

by the way, you can see the full tutorial here


No comments: